Birchees leather wax is mother natures best leather wax, a high performance, unique, all natural leather wax made out of birch tar oil, coconut oil, and beeswax,. No additives, no petroleum or animal products, each and every tin is handmade.
Birchees leather wax is first and foremost a protectant and waterproofer, not a polish. You can though achieve a high shine if desired buy buffing, and for even greater shine multiple shin coats each one buffed to a shine.
Birchees Leather Wax Features & Benefits
- Excellent ability to repel water.
- Long lasting, can last for 6 months or more depending on application and use.
- Increases wear resistance.
- Protects and waterproofs without blocking the leathers ability to breathe.
- pH matched 4.5-5.0.
- Highly resistant against salt damage.
- Highly resistant against mold, fungus, bacteria
- Repels insects, worms, and bugs.
- Imparts a unique smoky smell to leather that lasts for months. This is the same smell that Russia leather was so well known for.
- Stabilized with a custom mix of antioxidants and tocopherol(s). Excellent oxidative stability.
- Also protects and extends life of stitching.
No additives, petroleum or animal products are used. Does not go rancid and is immune to microbial rancidity as well. This leather wax works well on its own, but has also been developed to work with Birchees leather conditioner, and for best performance and longevity it is recommended to use them together, especially on new leather, or restoring leather.
Ingredients & How It Works
Birchees does not believe in hiding or protecting the ingredients, ratios though are not provided.
Birch tar oil: This is where the wax gets that unique smoky “Russia leather” smell from. Also responsible for most of the other features and benefits, this is the same birch tar oil that was used in the fat liquoring process of Russia leather. It has though been improved (stabilized).
Beeswax: Enhances the water repel abilities of the birch tar oil, and adds a protective top layer that can be buffed to a shine should you choose. Also used for controlling overall consistency.
Coconut oil: Enhances and extends the moisturizing capabilities of the conditioner.
Stabilizing Mix: A custom mix of natural antioxidants and tocopherol(s) which greatly increases overall oxidative stability and longevity.
Note: Birchees leather wax will darken leather, make sure to test first. Using on non flat leathers such as nap or suede is not recommended unless you know what you are doing and have specific reasons for doing so.
Here is a comparison on how Birchees leather wax may darken leather in comparison to Mink oil and Neatsfoot oil, top left is the control piece which has had nothing applied to it, top right is Mink Oil, bottom left Birchees leather wax, bottom right Neatsfoot oil.